Information Technology and Infomation Security Consultants
Call PCSS @: 720-990-7556
Contact PCSS today to learn more about Education Security services 720-990-7556.
PCSS provides comprehensive security services for schools and education institutions. Many schools and educational institutions are looking for FERPA and PCI-DSS compliance support, while others are looking for general compliance to ensure that the sensitive information they use remains confidential.
While we can tailor a program that best fits your needs, a typical engagement will consist of the following:
- Initial confidential consultation where school officials and PCSS discuss the school's security challenges and concerns that need solving. (No charge)
- PCSS supplies a proposal that provides solutions specific for the school. Solutions in IT security typically involve the following but actual programs will be tailored to meet specific situations.
- Walk down of the school for physical security evaluation and inventory of computer systems.
- Discussion with technical provider for details on systems and external connections.
- Review of applications used to manage sensitive data – localized and cloud.
- Assessment of controls required for the school.
- Technical evaluation to determine how secure systems are from external connections and to verify technical control compliance. Technical controls can be challenging since most school environments are designed for a high-level of student connectivity.
- Provide report explaining any risks (how secure the data needing protecting is) and recommendations to improve data security.
- Awareness training for school staff tailored as necessary to address discovered issues.
- Security Program specific to school.
- Upon acceptance of a proposal, PCSS works with the school to conduct the security evaluation recognizing that education comes first and that every effort needs to be made to prevent any disruption.
- Upon completion of the assessment PCSS meets with school administration to explain the results and makes recommendations on a graded approach if improvements are needed.
- PCSS can provide ongoing security services as necessary to assist the school.