Information Technology and Infomation Security Consultants
Call PCSS @: 720-990-7556
Contact PCSS today to learn more about our Legal Security services 720-990-7556.
PCSS provides comprehensive security services for Legal offices with a focus on small to mid-sized firms. Most legal clients are looking for general compliance to ensure that the sensitive information they use remains confidential, or laws and regulations may require security controls for specific cases. Laws and regulations most prominent to Legal firms include PCI-DSS and PII.
While we can tailor a program that best fits your needs. A typical engagement will consist of the following:
- Initial consultation where the Office Manager and PCSS’s Founder & Principal consultant discuss the concerns, challenges, and problems that the Law Office wants solved. (No charge)
- PCSS supplies a proposal that provides solutions specific for the Legal Firm (PCI-DSS, PII, SOX, etc.). Solutions in IT security typically involve the following but actual programs will be tailored to meet specific situations.
- Walk down of office for physical security evaluation and inventory of computer systems.
- Discussion with technical provider for details on systems and external connections.
- Review of applications used to manage sensitive data both localized and cloud.
- Assessment of controls required for the office.
- Technical evaluation to determine how secure systems are from external connections and to verify technical control compliance.
- Provide report explaining any risks (how secure the data needing protection is) and recommendations to improve data security.
- Awareness training for the Legal Firm tailored as necessary to address discovered issues.
- Security Program specific to the Legal Firm.
- Upon acceptance of a proposal PCSS works with the Legal Firm to conduct the security evaluation recognizing that business comes first and that every effort needs to be made to prevent any disruption.
- Upon completion of the assessment PCSS meets with the Legal Firm to explain the results and makes recommendations on a graded approach if improvements are needed.
- PCSS can provide ongoing security services as necessary to assist the Legal Firm.