Call PCSS @: 720-990-7556
Contact PCSS today to learn more about our HIPAA-HITECH Compliance services 720-990-7556.
PCSS provides comprehensive security services for healthcare provides including hospitals, medical doctors, dentists, opthamologists, and pharmacists. Most healthcare clients are looking for HIPAA-HITECH Rules Compliance to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the electronic healthcare information (EHI) they store and use. Other laws and regulations most applicable to healthcare providers we serve include: PCI-DSS and HITECH. PCSS's advantage is that we create one security program to address all laws, regulations and best practices. See HIPAA-HITECH for a more detailed explanation of the requirements.
While we can tailor a program that best fits your needs a typical engagement will consist of the following:
- Initial consultation where Healthcare Provider and PCSS’s Founder and Principal Consultant discuss the concerns, challenges, and problems that the Healthcare Provider wants solved. (No charge)
- PCSS supplies a proposal that provides solutions specific for the Healthcare Provider. Solutions in IT Security typically involve the following but actual programs will be tailored to meet specific situations.
- Walk down of office for physical security evaluation and inventory of computer systems.
- Discussion with technical provider for details on systems and external connections.
- Review of applications used to manage sensitive data; both localized and cloud.
- Assessment of controls required for the office. Technical evaluation to determine how secure systems are from external connections and to verify technical control compliance.
- Provide report explaining any risks (how secure the data needing protection is) and recommendations to improve data security.
- Security Awareness training for the Healthcare Provider staff, tailored as necessary to address discovered issues.
- Security Program specific to the Healthcare Provider.
- Upon acceptance of a proposal PCSS works with the Healthcare Provider to conduct the security evaluation.
- Upon completion of the assessment PCSS meets with the Healthcare Provider to explain the results and makes recommendations on a graded approach if improvements are needed.
- PCSS can provide ongoing security services as necessary to assist the Healthcare Provider.
Information Technology and Infomation Security Consultants